"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,You didn't grow under my heart- but in it"

- Fleur Conkling Heylinger


Our Timeline to Bringing Home An qi:


LOI: 10/08/2009
LID: 01/13/2010
LOA: 3/23/2010
I-800 approval: 4/23/2010
NVC: 4/23/2010
Article 5: 5/13/2010
TA: 6/3/2010
CA: 7/13/2010



Monday, July 5, 2010

Gotcha!!

Well the day is here I have had zero time to write! An Qi is here and is now to be known as Angie, which she prefers. She knows how to say yes in English and right now Michelle and her are going through the phrase book together, although all I that hear is Chinese so I think that they are doing it wrong :-)

Angie seems pretty happy but I can't imagine what is going through her head. We have spent some time with translators but don't want to overload her with too much info at once. So we are taking it slow for now.

More later...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I love the name Angie too - so fitting...cannot wait to see pictures. (David, I still treasure the photos you took of us with Mia during our gotcha moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! Cant wait to see pictures. It is so nice to see the first JOH family receive their daughter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete