"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,You didn't grow under my heart- but in it"

- Fleur Conkling Heylinger


Our Timeline to Bringing Home An qi:


LOI: 10/08/2009
LID: 01/13/2010
LOA: 3/23/2010
I-800 approval: 4/23/2010
NVC: 4/23/2010
Article 5: 5/13/2010
TA: 6/3/2010
CA: 7/13/2010



Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven

Today was a rainy day but it only made the driving that much more intersting!

Let's try some pictures of the food from the first day:














So this was the chicken, the rice noodel with beef, and the fried rice.





Uploading pictures don't work the way I thought. Let's see some more:

Here is a picture from Summer Palace:

Hmmm... Maybe I will just make posts of photos and then posts of words since this is a massive pain.

After the Summer Palace, we ate lunch somewhere near the Temple of Heaven. It was good but not great. We all got dessert and Justin got a sweet potato ice cream bar covered in chocolate. He liked it or so he says.

The Temple of Heaven was huge! So much intricately carved granite everwhere. There are all these symbolic things about where the emperor would walk and where the "heavenly emperor" would walk, that was just a few inches above the earth emperor.

We saw a show called "The Legend of Kungfu" later and it was pretty good. There were these little kids that were doing handsprings onto their heads!

This must be China's response to the world cry for more handicapped access in China:



I've never seen a handicapped urinal before now. China's bathrooms never cease to amuse. Too bad I can't capture the smell for you...

We were going to check out "Snack Street" tonight but everyone petered out. Here is a nice parting shot for tonight:



The rain finally stopped and we got some rare blue skies for once! This is the view from our hotel room in which the boys see a "Giant Wok" on top of one of those buildings.


3 comments:

  1. All you think about is food.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Snack Street. You need to fill me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snack Street is also known as food street but I consider food street to be a legitimate food place in Nanning, so I prefer the Snack Street variant. It is the famous street where they sell roasted scorpions, starfish, and other mysterious meats, etc.

    ReplyDelete