"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute,You didn't grow under my heart- but in it"

- Fleur Conkling Heylinger


Our Timeline to Bringing Home An qi:


LOI: 10/08/2009
LID: 01/13/2010
LOA: 3/23/2010
I-800 approval: 4/23/2010
NVC: 4/23/2010
Article 5: 5/13/2010
TA: 6/3/2010
CA: 7/13/2010



Friday, July 9, 2010

Party Time

My VPN connection has been trash so posting was almost impossible in the last few days. I have been catching up with work now that it works again, so hopefully the connection will stay good and I can get some blogging done in the next few days.

Anne had her party today and we got to see many of her freinds. Picture uploading will take a while as I have almost a GB to upload. It was a very good outing. I could tell she was excited and it was a happy party, but we still feel sadness for her and them.

Everything is still going unbeleivably well, much better than I expected. Anne still seems like such a good fit for our family and she has been expressing it using the computer translator even though some of the meaning is lost we can still tell what she means. She said something like she would rather be with people that make her laugh than phony people. She also said a full sentence in English tonight! She likes to pick on the brothers too, just like a sister...

I've got so much more to write but I've got to get to bed. We pick up her eye glasses tomorrow. She has about +2 diopter uncorrected, which is about what I had in high school before I got my glasses. There was a huge difference. I know that she will be surprised.

I still have some gaps to fill in this blog, like how she went from An Qi (pronounced An Kay) to Angie to Anne.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear more about the party and see the pictures!
    It is so wonderful to hear how well she fits into your family! It sounds like she is going to do very well and have a smooth transition. It will get even better once you get to the comfort of home!
    It's also great you were able to get her some glasses so quickly! Yes, there will be a huge difference. I'm sure she will be so excited to be able to see (I sure was when I first got glasses as a teenager!).

    ReplyDelete